Job Title: Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Assistant – Fort Lupton
- Greets and screens incoming patients and visitors; provides appropriate paperwork, transfers information to electronic medical record and enters personal and insurance information
- Explains processes for receiving care and treatment including time frames and how to use electronic sign in
- Answers multi-line telephone system, takes accurate messages, and transfers telephone calls to the appropriate person
- Conducts call backs as directed by providers including getting lab results, prescription refills, tickler files, re-scheduling and general messages.
- Rooms patients including taking all vitals such as height, weight, temperature, pulse, respiratory, and/or pulse oximetry
- Completes intake of patients in the room including reviewing med history, sum hx, medication lists and chief complaint
- Anticipates if provider needs other tests run including Hgb Mc, Quick Strep, Rapid Flu, Urine Dip, and pregnancy test.
- Acts as first responder if a critical patient presents.
- Responsible for injections, phlebotomy, setting up and assisting with procedures, nebulizers, and EKGs
- Conducts drug and alcohol testing
- Opens, closes, cleans, and stocks exam rooms
- Builds positive, productive working relationships with other staff including medical assistants, providers, specialists and administrative staff
- Manages multiple, competing priorities using organizational and great interpersonal skills; demonstrates professionalism and a positive attitude in dealing with the public in sometimes stressful situations
- Participates in or facilitates virtual or e-visits which may include rooming patients, setting up and operating equipment, and communicating electronically with different sites during a patient visit.
- High School diploma or GED required, some college strongly preferred
- Certificates and Licenses:
- Medical Assistant
- CPR certification
- Certified Drug Collector
- Breath Alcohol Technician Certificate
- Positive, upbeat and professional demeanor
- Team oriented; willing to jump in and support others
- Excellent attendance and punctuality record
- Computer proficiency including Google Suite, Office, and electronic medical record (EMR/EHR) system; demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly and independently.
- Excellent customer service skills, including diplomacy, tact and ability to stay calm under