Job Title: Brighton and Northglenn X-ray Technician/Technologist
- Operates digital x-ray / imaging equipment in the examination of patients in accordance with standard procedures and physician’s instructions.
- Applies knowledge of the principles of radiation protection to ensure safety for the patient, self, and others.
- Applies knowledge of anatomy, positioning and radiographic techniques to accurately demonstrate anatomical structures on a radiograph.
- Answers multi-line phone systems; checks patients in and out, verifies insurance information and collects payments.
- Enters patient information into Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Greets and escorts patients to rooms; takes and records all vitals..
- Completes intake of patients in exam room including reviewing health history, medication lists and chief complaint.
- Anticipates and notes possible tests that may be appropriate and relays information to provider.
- Assists in keeping providers on time.
- Conducts call backs as directed by providers including getting lab results, prescription refills, tickler files, re-scheduling and general messages.
- Responsible for injections, phlebotomy, setting up and assisting with procedures, nebulizers, and EKGs.
- Opens, closes, cleans, and stocks exam rooms. Operates autoclave.
- Participates in or facilitates virtual or e-visits which may include rooming patients, setting up and operating equipment, and communicating electronically with different sites during a patient visit.
Certifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Limited Scope/X-ray/Radiation Technician Certificate and CPR required.
- LSO Certification, IV Certified, Drug Screen Collector Certification, and Breath Alcohol Technician certification are preferred but not required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a fast-paced primary or urgent care setting.
- Dependable and reliable
- Strong computer skills including experience with an electronic medical record system. Willing and able to learn new systems.
- Able to manage multiple priorities while providing outstanding customer service at all time.
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude: positive, energetic and empathetic.