Document Processing Specialist
At Advanced Urgent Care and Occupational Medicine, we believe in treating everyone like family! Join our dedicated team of medical providers, patient care support and administrative staff as we make a difference in the lives of our customers and patients every day.
Our Workers Compensation and Occupational Medicine business is growing and thriving! We’re looking for an organized, personable “paperwork pro” to help us consistently exceed the expectations of our customers and their employees.
In this clerical role, this person will manage all paperwork and documents (i.e. physical forms, test results, drug screen custody and control forms, authorization forms, etc.) that pertain to the Occupational Medicine services provided in our three clinics, our mobile clinic and on-site services. He/she will ensure all documentation is accurate and handled on a timely basis. Specific responsibilities include:
- Reviews patient charts, matching clinical orders to documentation, to ensure services were rendered accurately and completely.
- Adds paperwork to patient’s chart and ensure it is properly classified and labeled within 24 hours or next business day from date of service.
- Sends paperwork to clients and insurance adjusters via email, fax or occupational medicine portal in a timely manner.
- Sends copy of the Drug Screen Custody and Control forms to the appropriate MRO within 24 hours.
- Manages Occupational Medicine Virtual Triage Visits notes and correspondence with the clients/employers.
Education, Experience and Competencies:
High school diploma or equivalent
1 year experience document processing, medical records, or equivalent
Extensive experience and comfort level with Google and MS Office; exposure to an electronic medical record (EMR) helpful but not required
Demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
Workers compensation or occupational medicine experience helpful but not required
A positive, upbeat and friendly approach
Exceptional customer service at all times
A “See it. Solve it. Do it” attitude
Willingness to jump in and support the team
A genuine commitment to our values: Do the right thing. Show others you care. Do your best.
As a member of our team, here’s what you can expect:
- Onboarding and training up front to get your career with us off to a great start
- The chance to be proficient and build new skills in advanced technology
- Supportive management focused on your success
- Holiday celebrations, dress up days and community events
- Casual dress code
- Benefits including affordable health, dental, vision insurance and profit sharing 401K