Medical Assistant/EMT for Urgent Care & Mobile Clinic
Seeking an EMT/Paramedic or Medical Assistant for a unique, exciting position
When you’re a part of our occupational medicine mobile unit, every day is a change of pace.
You’ll gain valuable experience in the booming field of occupational medicine—and serve your community in a thriving urgent care.
Traveling from one site to the next, you’ll perform a variety of occupational medicine procedures for our clients’ employees.
This is a full-time position—so when the mobile clinic is not scheduled for a visit, you’ll be working in one of our three urgent care clinics in Brighton, Northglenn and Fort Lupton. There, you’ll gain valuable experience assisting our talented providers in an acute care setting.
Well-qualified candidates will have a blend of extensive clinical experience in an urgent care or emergency department, outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills, flexibility and the ability to work autonomously and independently.
- Conducts on-site testing that include things like drug and alcohol tests, pulmonary function tests, respirator fit tests, audio tests; gives vaccinations and performs blood draws as needed.
- Ensures facilities and work areas are neat, clean and in good repair, notifies manager or appropriate party of any need for repairs and maintenance.
- Assists with periodic inventory counts, report shortages and problems as they occur; stocks supplies as needed.
- Maintains professional appearance including complying with company dress code.
- When working in our clinics as patient care tech when mobile clinic is not scheduled; responsibilities will include rooming patients, taking vitals, assisting with procedures and other related duties.
Background and experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; some college preferred.
- Current MA , EMT or Paramedic license or certification
- Minimum 1 year experience as an EMT, paramedic or medical assistant (MA) in an urgent care or emergency department required. Current CPR/BLS certification required.
- Occupational medicine experience a plus
- Experience preferred conducting any or all of the following: blood alcohol (BAT) and drug testing (DS), respirator fit tests, pulmonary function test (PFT), audio and vision testing, and administering immunizations
- Excellent computer skills including experience an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Detail oriented and organized with excellent verbal communication skills.
- Able to problem solve and make sound decisions while complying with established procedures; exercises good judgment and seeks supervisor or clinical guidance when appropriate.
- Must be able to work occasional early mornings, evenings or weekends.
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Start earning PTO on your first day
- Annual holiday party
- Leadership training opportunities
- Affordable health insurance offered
- Make friends working with other fun and talented professionals
- Gain valuable experience in occupational medicine