Medical Assistant LSO/Rad Tech (RT)
At Advanced Urgent Care and Occupational Medicine, we are committed to exceptional patient care and customer service – and to the growth and development of each of our team members. We provide an on boarding program that ensures you get a jump-start on your career with us, then ongoing formal and informal on-the-job training, “upskilling”, and the possibility to participate in our Emerging Leaders program.
We are looking top-notch Medical Assistants with LSO or ARRT/RT certification for our Brighton and Northglenn Urgent Care Clinics.
Our Medical Assistant LSO/Radiology Technologist has a dual role in our urgent care clinics, providing x-ray services and acting as a medical assistant, consistently providing outstanding patient care and customer service.
- Operates digital x-ray / imaging equipment in the examination of patients in accordance with standard procedures and physician’s instructions.
- Applies knowledge of the principles of radiation protection to ensure safety for the patient, self, and others.
- Applies knowledge of anatomy, positioning and radiographic techniques to accurately demonstrate anatomical structures on a radiograph.
- Enters patient information into Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Greets and escorts patients to rooms; takes and records all vitals..
- Completes intake of patients in exam room including reviewing health history, medication lists and chief complaint.
- Anticipates and notes possible tests that may be appropriate and relays information to provider.
- Assists in keeping providers on time.
- Conducts call backs as directed by providers including getting lab results, prescription refills, tickler files, re-scheduling and general messages.
- Responsible for injections, phlebotomy, setting up and assisting with procedures, nebulizers, and EKGs.
- Opens, closes, cleans, and stocks exam rooms. Operates autoclave.
- Participates in or facilitates virtual or e-visits which may include rooming patients, setting up and operating equipment, and communicating electronically with different sites during a patient visit.
Certifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Limited Scope/X-ray/Radiation Technician Certificate or Radiology Technologist
- BLS required
- IV Certified, Drug Screen Collector Certification, and Breath Alcohol Technician certification preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in a fast-paced primary or urgent care setting.
- Dependable and reliable
- Strong computer skills including experience with an electronic medical record system (EMR/EHS).
- Able to manage multiple priorities while providing outstanding customer service at all time.
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude: positive, energetic and empathetic.
About Our Company:
At Advanced Urgent Care and Occupational Medicine, we hold ourselves to the highest standards in providing exceptional care and treatment for our patients. Since opening our first urgent care clinic in 2012, Advanced Urgent Care has achieved an excellent reputation throughout the community. We are a privately owned company without any affiliation with a health care system, allowing us to be flexible and innovative in meeting the needs of our patients and customers.
Our team members are our number one asset, and we strive to provide a fun work environment in a professional atmosphere. Since customer service is at the center of everything we do, the most important attributes you can bring are a positive, upbeat approach, a great sense of humor and a strong work ethic to what you do every day.
- Cost effective, comprehensive health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401K with profit sharing
- Paid time off
- Commitment to work-life balance
- Casual dress code
At Advanced Urgent Care, We Care. Every day.