Medical Assistant/Receptionist Workers Compensation
Our Workers Compensation business is growing fast! We’re looking for an MA who can work at our Brighton clinic, dividing your time between checking in workers comp patients and assisting our providers with patient care.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career at the same time you’re helping us grow our business. It will be fast paced – you’ll never be bored! Our best candidates will have outstanding customer service skills, be flexible and able to multitask and stay organized at the same time.
You will be the face of our Workers Comp practice, greeting patients, communicating with employers and performing MA tasks. Your day will be split between the front desk and back office, so you can focus on the job you’re assigned to.
Start off the new year with a new career! If you think you have what it takes, we’d like to hear from you!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greets workers compensation patients and assists with check in. Reviews authorizations for care and contacts employers for additional information if necessary.
- Partners with designated workers compensation physician/provider to deliver patient care and administration of workers compensation injuries and claims.
- Rooms scheduled, walk-in, and new injury patients. Takes vitals and medical history information and updates. Enters information into EMR.
- Performs crutch training; wound care; splint applications, etc, as well as injections, blood draws and other related clinical procedures.
- Conducts appropriate drug and alcohol tests as needed.
- May assist with urgent care as needed
High school diploma or equivalent required
Workers Compensation or occupational medicine experience strongly preferred
Completion of a Medical Assistant training program required
Computer proficiency including Google Suite, Office, and electronic medical record (EMR/EHR) system; demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly and independently.
Excellent customer service skills, including diplomacy, tact and ability to stay calm under pressure.
Positive, upbeat and professional demeanor
Team oriented; willing to jump in and support others
A “See it. Solve it. Do it.” attitude
Certificates and Licenses:
Medical Assistant (MA)
Certified Drug Collector and Breath Alcohol Technician preferred
At Advanced Urgent Care, we treat everyone like family. Join a team where we live our values every day!