Flu Shots Available!
Get your flu shot at any of our three locations with no appointment necessary. This includes stopping by our Brighton or Northglenn locations between 8am and 8pm on the weekends!
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), millions of people get the flu each year. Help protect yourself and others by getting a flu shot. Even though the flu season is underway, it is still beneficial to get the shot during flu season.
FREE with Most Insurance
$35 Cash Pay W/O Insurance
No Appointment Necessary
Medicaid is excluded
Why are Flu Shots Important?
The CDC recommends that everyone aged six months and older get the flu shot every year. It is especially important that people who are considered high-risk get the flu shot. Here are the people the CDC defines as high-risk:
- Adults 65 years and older
- Pregnant women
- Children younger than 5 years – especially children younger than 2 years old
- Residents of nursing homes
- Neurological and neurodevelopmental conditions
- Chronic lung disease
- Heart disease
- Blood, kidney, liver, or metabolic disorders
- Endocrine disorders – like diabetes
- Extreme obesity – body mass index of 40 or more
The CDC’s Key Reasons to get the Flu Shot
- It’s been shown that the flu vaccine has reduced flu illnesses, hospitalization, and death in children.
- The vaccination prevented an estimated 5.3 million illnesses, 2.6 million medical visits, and 85,000 flu-related hospitalizations during the 2016-2017 flu season.
- The flu shot is a preventive tool for people with chronic health conditions.
- Pregnant women who get vaccinated are protected from the flu illness and hospitalization. It has also been shown that the baby is protected from the flu infection for several months after birth.
- A study published by the American Academy of Pediatrics in 2017 shows that the flu vaccine can be life-saving in children.
- It has been shown in several studies that if a person who has been vaccinated gets sick that the severity of the illness is reduced.
Click here to view them all.
Stop by Advanced Urgent Care & Occupational Medicine in Brighton, Northglenn, and Ft. Lupton for your flu shot. There’s no appointment necessary! Our Brighton and Northglenn clinics are open 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm!