If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 or were exposed to it, you should schedule a COVID test. Follow this easy guide to help get you started.
Things to Remember When Scheduling a COVID Test
Before you receive your actual COVID test, you must first schedule a telehealth visit with a medical provider. During this telehealth visit, your medical provider will schedule you for a curbside test at one of our nearest locations. After your telehealth visit, you will proceed to the clinic for your scheduled COVID test.
Follow These Steps to Schedule a COVID Test
Watch this video, or follow the written steps below if you are having trouble scheduling your COVID test:
- Head to Advurgent.com
- Click “Start Process Here” on the homepage
- Click “New Patient” if this is your first time with us, click “Returning Patient” if you’ve seen us before
- From here you will pick “Online Visit” under visit type. Then choose your telehealth visit time and date
- Put “COVID Test” under “Reason for Appointment”, then fill out your info at the bottom of the page
- After you submit your information you will receive a confirmation text with a personal code, this will be sent to the number under your patient profile
- Enter your code and click “Verify”
- Your telehealth visit is now booked! You will receive a confirmation email sent to the email address under your patient profile
- Prior to your telehealth visit time, you will be sent a link through your email to connect with your medical provider
- During your telehealth visit, your medical provider will schedule you for either a curbside Rapid or PCR test at one of our nearest locations.
- Head to your scheduled COVID test at one of our locations
- If you choose PCR testing, you will receive results in 3-7 days, if you choose Rapid testing you will receive same-day results. You can view these results and all appointment information in your Patient Portal