COVID-19 Rapid Test
Advanced Urgent Care & Occupational Medicine offers the COVID-19 rapid test. You’ll have same-day results and we offer same-day testing. To get started, schedule a virtual visit with one of our providers to get tested. You can schedule the visit by calling 303-558-0509 or by clicking here. In order to be tested, you must start with a virtual visit. Virtual visits are available 7 days a week, 8 am to 8 pm. We accept most major insurances including Medicaid and Medicare for these visits.
The COVID-19 rapid test is a nasal swab, Sofia Antigen test. The rapid test is $95*. Currently, the test is not covered by insurance, but is emergency FDA approved. Payment is collected at the time the test is administered.
What is the COVID-19 Rapid Test?
The COVID-19 rapid test is a Sofia Antigen test that is manufactured by the Quidel Corporation. This test is a nasal swab, just like the PCR test, and there are a few differences between the tests. According to the FDA, the PCR test is a molecular test that detects the virus by looking for genetic material from the virus. The rapid test is an antigen test that detects the virus by looking for proteins from the virus.
The rapid test produces results much more quickly than the PCR test. Results from the rapid test are available the same day as testing. The rapid test has a specificity rate of 100%. The sensitivity rate is 96.7%.
COVID-19 Rapid Test Process
- Schedule Your Virtual Visit – Meet with one of our providers virtually. Click here to schedule.
- Complete Your Visit Registration – You’ll receive a text to fill out the registration for your visit.
- Connect with the Provider on your Smartphone, Tablet, or Computer – A link will be texted to you to connect with the provider for your virtual visit near your appointment time.
- The Provider Schedules your Curbside Test – At the end of your virtual visit the provider will schedule your curbside test. You will choose the location and time for your test. Testing is available 7 days a week at 6 of our locations, 8 am to 7 pm.
- Proceed to Clinic for Test – When it’s time for your appointment, arrive at the clinic and park in one of the marked spots. Please remain in your vehicle.
- Complete Registration for Curbside Testing & Get Tested – You will receive a text with a link to fill out your registration prior to your appointment. Completing the registration notifies our staff that you are curbside and ready to be tested. The Patient Care Tech will come out and swab the inside of your nose.
- Receive Your Results via Text Message or On Our Portal – You’ll have results the same day as your test. You will be sent a text with your results. Results are also posted to our Patient Portal. Click here to sign up for our Patient Portal.
Testing Locations for Rapid Test
The rapid test is available at 6 of our clinics. Testing is conducted while you stay in your vehicle and is available 7 days a week, 8 am to 7 pm, by appointment at the following locations:
Along with rapid testing we also offer the following services. If you have questions, please visit our FAQ page.
COVID-19 PCR Testing
Like the rapid test, the COVID-19 PCR test is a nasal swab test. The test is a molecular test and takes about 3 to 7 days to process. This test is typically covered by most major insurances. Click here to learn more.
Antibody blood tests, also called antibody tests, check your blood by looking for antibodies, which show if you had a previous infection with the virus. Antibodies are proteins that help fight off infections. Depending on when someone was infected and the timing of the test, the test may not find antibodies in someone with a current COVID-19 infection.
In addition to the antibody blood test, we highly recommend receiving the nasopharyngeal swab (COVID-19 test) to check for viral shedding, especially if you are asymptomatic. Co-testing is the best way to receive the most accurate results. If interested, please let the provider know during your virtual visit.
Whether you test positive or negative, our providers are here for you until you are feeling better. To help monitor your health, we recommend checking in with us virtually every 1-2 days until you are no longer experiencing symptoms. If we suspect the development of pneumonia or other severe symptoms, antibiotics or additional medical treatment might be required. Please schedule a virtual visit to meet with our providers. We will recommend re-testing as needed.
Want to Get Tested?
Schedule a virtual visit with one of our providers to get the COVID-19 rapid test. Testing is conducted curbside and is available 7 days a week, 8 am to 7 pm.
*Insurance coverage is not guaranteed especially if the test is being done for an asymptomatic patient. The COVID-19 rapid test is a brand new service for all insurances. You are welcome to submit for coverage of the test to your insurance for reimbursement. If you would like testing covered by insurance, please consider the PCR test.
Strep vs. Flu vs. COVID-19 Strep vs. Flu vs. COVID-19 means a whole new level of stress for Parents, Teachers, and Students this back to school season. This pandemic has put people on edge, especially if they, or a loved one, starts showing symptoms for any type of...
Whether your employees go into work or your staff is working from home, COVID-19 has undoubtedly changed the way your workplace operates. Anxiety and fear over the virus is all too common. In fact, 7 in 10 workers in the United States reported that the pandemic has...
You may find a lot of conflicting information about how to properly clean your workplace during the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether you’ve discovered a COVID-19 outbreak at your workplace or if you are simply working to reduce the odds, cleaning is a crucial way to protect...