Advanced Urgent Care & Occupational Medicine provides curbside COVID-19 testing. To get started, schedule a virtual visit with one of our providers to be tested. You can schedule the visit by calling 303-558-0509 or by clicking here. In order to be tested, you must start with a virtual visit. Virtual visits are available 7 days a week, 8 am to 8 pm. We accept most major insurances including Medicaid and Medicare for these visits.
This test is the PCR nasal swab. The test is covered by most major insurances and results come back from the lab typically within 3 to 7 days. Please note that we do not accept doctor’s notes for testing. We also offer the COVID-19 rapid test. Click here to learn more.
COVID-19 PCR Testing Process
- Schedule Your Virtual Visit – Meet with one of our providers virtually. Click here to schedule.
- Complete Your Visit Registration – You’ll receive a text to fill out the registration for your visit.
- Connect with the Provider on your Smartphone, Tablet, or Computer – A link will be texted to you to connect with the provider for your virtual visit near your appointment time.
- The Provider Schedules your Curbside Test – At the end of your virtual visit the provider will schedule your curbside test. You will choose the location and time for your test. Testing is available 7 days a week at 6 of our locations, 8 am to 7 pm.
- Proceed to Clinic for Test – When it’s time for your appointment, arrive at the clinic and park in one of the marked spots. Please remain in your vehicle.
- Complete Registration for Curbside Testing & Get Tested – You will receive a text with a link to fill out your registration prior to your appointment. Completing the registration notifies our staff that you are curbside and ready to be tested. The Patient Care Tech will come out and swab the inside of your nose.
- Receive Your Results via Text Message or On Our Portal – Your test will be sent to a lab. We expect to receive your results within 3 to 7 business days and will contact you once we receive them.
COVID-19 Testing Sites
The PCR nasal swab test is available at 6 of our locations. Testing is conducted 7 days a week, 8 am to 7 pm, by appointment. Our locations are:
- Brighton – 2801 Purcell St.
- Broomfield – 3950 W. 144th Ave.
- Central Park – 3890 Quebec St.
- Fort Lupton – 112 S. Denver Ave.
- Federal – 7320 N. Federal Blvd.
- Westminster – 9960 Wadsworth Pkwy.
Testing is conducted while you stay in your vehicle. Once we receive your results from the lab, you will be contacted by our clinic.
COVID-19 Testing: Results
Now that you’ve visited one of our curbside testing sites and tested for COVID-19… Now what?
Your test will be sent to a lab the day the test is conducted. We expect to receive your results within 3 to 7 business days. While you await your results, it is best to live under the assumption that you will test positive for COVID-19. This means you should self-quarantine. By doing this you will greatly reduce any further spread of the disease if you do, in fact, test positive.
A positive test requires that you maintain self-isolation. This means, the complete separation of yourself from others. If you test positive, you can schedule a virtual visit with one of our providers to discuss your symptoms and treatment plan. To help monitor your health, we recommend checking in with us virtually every 1-2 days until you are no longer experiencing symptoms. Click here to learn more about our COVID-19 follow-up visits.
If we suspect the development of pneumonia or other severe symptoms, antibiotics or additional medical treatment might be required. Please call us at 303-558-0509 to discuss and/or schedule a virtual visit.
A negative test means the virus was not present or not present in a large enough amount to be detected. When testing is negative, the possibility of a false negative result will be considered depending on the context of your recent exposure, the presence of clinical signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19, and if tests for other causes of illness such as other respiratory illness are negative. If we still suspect COVID-19, or if your symptoms worsen, we will recommend re-testing. Regardless of your test results, we are committed to providing you with follow-up care to help treat your symptoms.
Strep vs. Flu vs. COVID-19 Strep vs. Flu vs. COVID-19 means a whole new level of stress for Parents, Teachers, and Students this back to school season. This pandemic has put people on edge, especially if they, or a loved one, starts showing symptoms for any type of...read more
Whether your employees go into work or your staff is working from home, COVID-19 has undoubtedly changed the way your workplace operates. Anxiety and fear over the virus is all too common. In fact, 7 in 10 workers in the United States reported that the pandemic has...read more
You may find a lot of conflicting information about how to properly clean your workplace during the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether you’ve discovered a COVID-19 outbreak at your workplace or if you are simply working to reduce the odds, cleaning is a crucial way to protect...read more
As communities and businesses are opening, you may be looking for ways to resume some daily activities as safely as possible. While there is no way to ensure zero risk of infection, it is important to understand potential risks and how to adopt different preventative...read more