DOT Physical Exam
Walk-In | No Appointment Needed!
DOT Physicals provided 7 days/week, regular business hours.
Advanced Urgent Care & Occupational Medicine has providers who are certified to perform DOT physical exams. Please call ahead to confirm a certified provider is available.
The Department of Transportation requires all Commercial Drivers License (CDL) holders to receive a periodic physical examination called a “Department of Transportation Medical Examination,” or DOT physical, to ensure the ability of the driver to safely operate a commercial vehicle. The US Department of Transportation has set the following guidelines:
- CDL holders (Drivers) must have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye. Glasses or contact lenses are permitted.
- Drivers cannot be a diabetic on needle-injected insulin; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
- A driver’s blood pressure must be under 160/100. Prescription medication to control blood pressure is permitted.
- Use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any other habit-forming drug is not permitted.
- If a driver has a current diagnosis of cardiac insufficiency, collapse, congestive cardiac failure or any other cardiovascular disease, he/she will be required to provide the Medical Examiner with a stress test (performed within the last 12 months) along with a release from the driver’s physician stating that he/she can drive a commercial motor vehicle without restrictions.
The Department of Transportation also requires clearance for drivers that have been diagnosed with the following conditions: sleep apnea, recent back injury, recent major surgery, a current hernia, or have had recent workers’ compensation claims.
“Went here for my DOT physical for a new job. First time to have this type pf physical and the staff and doctor where amazing, answered all my questions, and I was treated with respect. Will go back for my next DOT physical.”
“I had been having issues with my DOT card and it was very frustrating. Karina came to me, was very calming, and assured me that everything was going to be fine. She took the time and actually cared enough to help me figure things out. She is very knowledgeable and absolutely wonderful. … With people like her in your practice it redefines the word CARE!”
“My first visit for a DOT medical recertification. I preregistered online and was greeted with a willingness to help with a seamless appointment! In and out in a half hour. Thanks!”
“DOT examination done well and carefully. These are good people doing good work.”